Sunday, April 27, 2008

Steal your Dollar City

Meg, myself, her parents, grandparents and sister all loaded up the truck and moved to Hillbilly junction. It was sort of a reverse Beverly Hillbillies. The world fest was in full swing and I must say if you are ever given the chance to go, take it. I loved learning about world cultures, especially the Irish and Trinidad steel drummers. Meg and everyone else said the Chinese acrobats were phenomenal but sadly Zane would not sit and wait long enough for the show to start so he and I sat outside the theater listening to banjo pickin', jug blowin', and harmonica playin' music. Had the show taken any longer, I may have had to pull my hair out. After that, though, Zane was able to make it through the remaining shows (Food helps....A LOT).

Another exciting moment was the kiddie rides. Zoey absolutely loved them. She wanted more and more. Zane didn't. He screamed bloody murder, one would have thought we were torturing him old school, with whips and such. This was all on the carousel even. How lame is that, the carousel.

It started out as a lovely 70 degree, sunny day but after the Irish Feet on Fire (the name reminds me of Athlete's Foot Cream), it turned into a blustery cold winter day. Welcome to the Ozarks. Needless to say we had a blast and look forward to taking full advantage of our season passes. Next is Bluegrass and BBQ.

Unfortunately Meg and I forgot the camera, okay I forgot the camera, but I did get a few fun pics of the kids + Aiden playing outside on the swingset.

Enjoy and Take care.

No comments: